Walking daily has nowadays become a regular habit after all it helps you to maintain your good health. You can’t wear regular shoe or running shoe for you walking, it can create a lot of problems in your feet. Walking and jogging shoes are a lot of different from each other. For buying perfect walking footwear you have to learn to differentiate between a walking and a running shoe because these often get mixed up while you tend to buy one. Difference between the two is:
- The first big difference between the walking and the jogging shoe is the design of the shoe in itself. The practice of both running and walking implies different pressure in the feet bones like in walking the weight of the body is evenly distributed and the ball of the ankle is much in work unlike in running where the whole body weight is concentrated in the feet where the outer heel has much work to do. Thus keeping in mind this difference the manufacturers develop walking and jogging footwear accordingly.
- Running shoe has more cushioning than a regular walking one because a runner strikes the ground with 3 times his body pressure where as the walker does this with a small weight quantity.
- The heel alignment in both the shoes is different depending on the part of the hell they strike while walking or running. Shoes used for walking should posses a angled hell because you heel absorbs most of the shock as it strikes the ground first.
- Flexibility and the bending in both the shoes are a bit different.
Tips for buying perfect walking footwear:
When you go out for buying perfect walking footwear for yourself you often get confused. Footwear industry has provided its customers with a variety of footwear. You need to consider many things and research before buying a perfect Walking shoes otherwise you will end up buying a shoes that can hurt your feet.
- The first thing you need to take care of is that you should be able to differentiate well between a walking and a running shoe. Because a running footwear is a lot of different in design from a walking one and serves different purpose.
- Don’t bother about the price of the shoes you should give first priority to the comfort level provided by the footwear. You should buy a comfortable shoe for low price but never buy a a less comfortable shoe at low price don’t buy it just to save some money.
- Buy walking footwear with angled heel because the shoe heel absorbs the maximum impact when you strike the feet with the ground.
- Buy a shoe that is much flexible because as you walk the shoe and the sole should flex properly for better comfort level.
- You should buy different walking footwear if you are going out for walking in the morning and the evening. Because the feet swell a little in the evening and it can be a bit uncomfortable to use the morning shoes as they will not fit properly.
- Don’t choose the shoe in the rush. Try different pairs of shoes try walking in them and then decide which will fit properly.
- Consider walking footwear with flared type of shoes.
The shoes should be durable and should be able to resist daily wear and tear.